Our toddler room is the first room where the child is completely on the Center’s schedule. The toddler should be eating the center’s food, napping once a day, not using a pacifier, able to nap on a cot or mat instead of a crib. The child should also be able to walk, explore, and be beginning to develop speech and communication. The goal for our toddler students is to guide and encourage their sense of discovery, support active learning through hands-on-play, create secure connections, and motivate exploration.
• Daily schedule posted inside and outside the room
• Weekly Lesson Plans posted
• Personal cubbies for extra clothes, towels, blankets and bags
• Personal Cabinet for diapers and wipes
• Assigned cot or mat with sheet washed weekly
• All 10 Learning Domains of the Creative Curriculum taught daily
• All 38 Learning Objectives tracked, documented and assessed.
• Rooms set up to support learning with a different topic every month
– Language and Literacy Areas with books purchased monthly to support new topic
– Science Area with real and found items to support monthly topic
– Dramatic Play area
– Math and Manipulative table
– Art and Crafts from Creative Expression posted and updated
• 2 Outdoor Physical Development times per day, weather permitting
• Front Line Sanitation Program
– All contact surfaces and toys sanitized 3 times per day
– Hand Washing, Dental Health, Hygiene, and Self-Help skills taught daily
• Electronic Daily Sheets with instant feedback (learning activities, meal information, diapering and memorable moments) and pictures sent to parents throughout the day from the teacher’s tablet, straight to the parent’s inbox.