Now Enrolling for the AfterSchool Zone!
The Bridge Learning Centers provide the finest enrichment programs for school-age kids at the “After School Zone.” This program is the most unique in the nation, and we have researched and written our own curriculum.
The After School Zone is a place for fun, learning and growing for school-age children.
- Students are picked up after school from local elementary and middle schools. (See Director for current list of schools serviced).
- Snacks are served every afternoon.
- Students rotate from Zone to Zone in the building every 45min-1hr.
- A different specialty teacher is present at each of the three Zones: BrainZone, HandZone and PlayZone.
- The BrainZone is where students complete their homework with our BrainZone teacher there to answer questions, check agendas, and check accuracy.
- Local Tutor Volunteers drop in depending on the center and availability
- Computer Lab is available for use at some centers.
- Books from all local schools’ reading lists are available when homework is completed.
- The HandZone is the area where our students get to express their creativity. Each day students participate in a different creative activity. Art, cooking, crafts and science are the daily focuses.
- The PlayZone is where our students stay fit, learn to compete, relieve stress and learn teamwork and sportsmanship. Theme games are played daily to go with our monthly curriculum topics. Monthly and weekly tournaments are played at each center.
Before School & Other School Age Programs
- Before School Care is available for parents that need to drop students off before their school day begins. (See Director for schools serviced.)
- Breakfast served for all Before School students
- Holiday Care is available for School Age students when schools are closed, other than designated center holidays. (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day)
- Spring Break, Winter Break and Christmas Break are is available.
HeroZ: After School Zone Safety & Empowerment Program
The Bridge Learning Centers’ goal with HeroZ is to provide an opportunity for our After School students to learn self-defense and safety, awareness and self-confidence, and empowerment when faced with dangerous or difficult situations.
The HeroZ program includes:
- HeroZ trained and certified staff
- Guest speakers and instructors
- Parent involvement, including informational sessions and joint classes with your children
- Hands-on learning through role-playing & instruction
- A fun, safe and trusting learning environment
Find a center offering before and after school programs in your area.